Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Tale is Inscribed

To you, dear reader.
After many laborious weeks, nay even months, I have come to the end of one of the greatest book that I have ever read, A Tale of Two Cities. Oh raptures of my soul, it was beautiful. I do believe that everyone should read it.

My first Dickens book was a nightmare. Let's just say that reading Great Expectations  in a week + having to write a horrid paper about it + being in 9th grade + Mrs. Rosenlof = a very unpleasant experience.

I think my brother Matt had to read A Tale of Two Cities when he was in 9th grade. I don't really know. All I know is that my mom made us listen to the audio tapes on our one of our trips to California. That voice still plays in my mind... "It was the best of times, its was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness..." Stuffy, fake, high pitched, British accent. In other words, my Dickens experiences weren't very good, in fact they were quite scarring and it took A LOT to get over them. But I did and that's all that really matters. Maybe I'll even give Great Expectations another go...maybe. We'll see. I have a lot of books to read first.

No comments:

Post a Comment