Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Most Fantastic News

I am going on a mission!!!! Yep, I really am. I just got back from talking with my bishop and we'll be starting my papers in March (which is in like a week! OMFG). We'll turn them in around April 9th and 10ish days later I'll have my call! I know this is news to  most all of you. If it's not then that's weird because it's most definitely news to me. I was going to wait until next spring and go with Kelsi, but over the weekend I was talking to my dad and he said that I should go now or not at all. So I prayed about it and now is it. I am sad that I won't be rooming with Kelsi next fall and that we won't be living in the coolest house ever. This is probably the hardest thing for me to give up, but I know it will be alright. Schoolwise, I have no idea what I want to do. I think a mission will help me, or at least give me some time, to figure out my life. I was going to run away to D.C. this summer...but now I get to run away to somewhere else for a much longer time. I'm excited, and nervous, and a little scared, but mostly I'm excited. It's weird, as I am typing this I feel so surreal. Am I really going on a mission? Am I really even old enough to go? It's so very strange, but yes I am going and yes I am old enough. CRAZY!


1 comment:

  1. I think that is so awesome! I'm wish I'd gone. But I know you'll be such an awesome missionary!!!! I'll miss you though.

    ReplyDelete