Monday, September 26, 2011

You Bet Your Buttons That's A Rainbow

We've had a lot of cakes at my house over the last few months. Unfortunately I only captured a few of them.  

For Emily's birthday I made a Neapolitan cake. Brindley made me one of these for my 17th birthday. It was the best especially since she brought it all the way down to St George for me.



Brindley's masterpiece for my birthday this year. She also decorated the apartment.


The cake Emily made for me. Raspberry, lemon, white chocolate, with dark chocolate ganache.



I made this german chocolate cake for Father's day, I think.


Aaron's birthday cake.






 This cake was quite the production for me. I didn't make any of the actual cake from scratch. It's eight layers are from bottom to top: funfetti, coconut, cheesecake, pistachio, banana cream, apricot, strawberry, and funfetti. The layers are filled with rainbow chip frosting and the cake is covered with a homemade marshmallow like 7-minute frosting. It was pretty good, but I think we all enjoyed looking at it more than actually eating it.


No comments:

Post a Comment