Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Have Been Called To Serve...

Richard and Brenda Miles


...In the Alpine German-Speaking Mission. I honestly wasn't expecting to get my call for another week, but when we picked up the mail last night there it was. I also wasn't expecting to go German either. Maybe it was the years of listening to my mom say how useless it was for me to take German in high school and at USU. I don't know, but I do know that I am going to be speaking it for 18 months and I'm a little bit terrified. Just about the language really. I love German, I really do. It's a beautiful language. I know that is contrary to common belief, but it is so true. German is beautiful. Just listen to it when you have a chance...Oh man I am so excited. So anyway my mission covers all of Austria and Liechtenstein, part of Switzerland, and part of Germany. I leave October 26. Three months is a long time, but I really don't mind. It's just nice to know when I will be leaving and to know that I am actually leaving. I can hardly wait! I have to get all ready and I should probably work on my German and Preach My Gospel. I'm going to leave you with some Nena because well she's just great and I'm going to be speaking German!!!

3 comments:

  1. Betzle G you are going to be the best missionarette there has ever been. P.S. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY and congrats on your mission call and second October 26th is my half birthday and should be celebrated :) You're going to be a fabulous Missionary Betsy!

    ReplyDelete